Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another Election?

Utah's National Committeeman Fred Lampropolous, who has served the party so well over the past four years, decided a few weeks ago to resign from the position before the National Convention. As such the party sought nominations for his replacement to fill out his unexpired term (which expires the last day of the convention on September 4th). I submitted my name as a candidate to fill the term and no one else filed so Party Chairman Stan Lockhart announced my election by acclamation without objection. So, rather than wait until September 5th to be seated to the Republican National Committee I am now a current member of the committee.

I'll be attending the RNC Summer Meeting in Minneapolis on August 28th and the Convention Rules Committee on the 28th and 29th. The Convention begins on Monday the 1st of September.

No comments: