Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ok, I'm not 11 years old anymore... at least not physically.

In the latest news... I have a severely separated shoulder (ER doctor said it was the worst he'd seen) and a broken collar bone. I will probably be in surgery by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yeah, I was playing in Sam's (my eleven year old's) father and son LaCrosse Game... end of the season celebration thing... I was cutting through the field, I was chasing down the 6th graders like nobody's business, I was running down a loose ball, stubbed my toe and plowed the ground with my right shoulder (oh yeah, the same shoulder I had surgery on when a fell off a ladder three or so years ago...). When I say I plowed the ground, I mean I hit with such force that I think I left a furrow deep enough to plant crops.

Needless to say it hurts... alot.

So all in all it is a real pain in the neck er, and shoulder.

Oh yeah and the doc said to be careful, because the broken bone has a sharp point that could poke through the skin if I'm not carefull, Fun, let's make it a compound fracture!

Somehow, I didn't get the memo that I'm now old... NOT!!!!





1 comment:

VJESTICA said...

Both Niksa and I hope you are doing well. It's a fact, supported by statistics, that all men born by the begining of April, have that feeling they never get older then 18....for the rest of their lives!!! No wonder that you feel like you can do whatever 11 year old kid can do. Same with Niksa....every day !!!!
Do you think you will be ready for gym in December when we are there...??!!

Hope you get well soon.

Love from N & N